Jack Frost Time Trial 3/5/17

‘Jack Frost Time Trial’
Presented by Zone 5 Promotions.
WHEN: Sunday March 5th, 2017 (first racer goes off at 9am)
WHERE: Vancouver Lake Park, 6801 NW Lower River Rd, Vancouver, WA 98660
COST: ADULT $20 / JUNIOR $15 (Online only / no “day-of”)
REGISTRATION: OBRA Online Registration Link – http://obra.org/events/25392/register  Registration closes Friday March 3rd at 7pm.
RACE NUMBERS – We will be using 2017 OBRA Road numbers. Bring your OBRA bib numbers and pin on your RIGHT side.
From Portland (via I-5): Head north on I-5. After the bridge take the third off ramp (exit 1D) stay left to 4th Plain. Turn left on 4th Plain and head west. 4th Plain merges into Lower River Rd. Stay on Lower River road for 3 miles. Continue right at NW Erwin O. Reiger Memorial Hwy. The park entrance is ½ mile on the right.
COURSE – ‘Jack Frost Time Trial’
20k (12.42 mile) bicycle time trial race with 84 feet of elevation gain. The race will be an out and back on NW Lower River Rd. The turn around will be at the new gate at the north end. The start house will be north of the park entrance on NW Erwin O. Reiger Memorial Hwy (1.5 miles from the park entrance). Be sure to allow enough time to get up the road. The finish line will be on Lower River Road before the park entrance. This road has low traffic with typical local drivers. Please stay to the right side of the road unless passing.
7:30am – Registration opens for temporary numbers and memberships (no “day-of” registration / Pre-registration only).
9:00am – First rider departs the start house at the north end of NW Erwin O. Reiger Memorial Hwy.
All pre-registered racers will have a start time grouped with their race or age category. Special requests may be accommodated. Gaps in posted start times are for logistical requirements. Start times will be posted Saturday, March 4th at 10am. Pre-registered racers do not need to check in, simply show up for at your starting time.
CATEGORIES – Listed in starting order:
Recumbent, Tandem, Juniors, Women: 60-69, 50-59, 40-49, Cat 4/5, Cat 3, Cat 1/2, Men: 70+, 60-69, 50-59, 40-49, 30-39, Cat 4/5, Cat 3, Cat 1/2, Eddy Women, Eddy Men. Categories may be combined until groups of 5 or more riders can be scored. Juniors start youngest to oldest.
MEMBERSHIP & LICENSES – OBRA membership required for all riders. Single day race memberships are available for $5.00. Season OBRA memberships are available for $30.00 online, mail in, or in person at the race. If racers have current proof of WSBA membership, the one day race membership fee will be waived (one day membership form still needs to be completed).
• Time Trial race rules in effect. Standard bicycle racing rules apply. Approved helmets required at all times (including riding to and from registration, during warm-up, cool down, in your jeans, shorts, slippers) while at the venue. Failure to comply could result in disqualification. Course is closed for warm-up at all times.
• No alcohol allowed at the venue.
• Please do not park in any business parking lots, unless designated so.
• Please do not park on the course or other traffic right of ways.
• Please use the provided Port-a-Potties, not the bushes.
Questions or Comments:
Contact Race Director
David Saltzberg
SAFETY: OBRA and the organizers of this race do not provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur at the race. The costs related to those injuries are the responsibility of the individual participants. Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bike. Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason.

1/28/17 BOD Meeting Minutes

OBRA Board of Directors Meeting
Board Members Present: Kenji Sugahara, Glen Gann, Michelle Mercer, Steven Beardsley, Meg Mautner
Advisory Board Members Present:  Brad Ross
Absent: John Wilson, Candi Murray, Mike Murray
•        Tentative dates were set for quarterly meetings (4/29, 7/29, 11/25). We are also going to meet in February to design a strategic plan for OBRA (5 year plan).
•        Jen Featheringill presented membership information. She has issued approximately 500 memberships up to this point.
•        Joel Fletcher presented his marketing work for OBRA. Joel’s marketing plan will be updated this weekend.
•        The BOD reviewed the financials from 2016 along with membership numbers. We discussed trends, limiting capital expenses, people having less time to train, safety on the roads, etc.
                  Action item: insurance for the OBRA trucks. What happens in an accident? Whose insurance pays? Kenji will look into this
•        1st aid-Mike Murray has been the person in charge for first aid. We talked about who might be able to carry out this job when Mike no longer wants to.
                  Action item: Steven Beardsley and Brad Ross will talk to Mike and connect Mike with someone who might be interested.
•        A good chunk of the meeting was spent talking about board member roles and responsibilities along with the executive director roles and responsibilities. We need to meet face to face at least 1x per year; other meetings can be held via videoconference. Once we have our strategic plan in place, then we can determine what the roles will be. We also have to have the survey created, given, and results tallied so we have a sense of our direction and mission from the OBRA membership.
                  Action item: survey will be created by Kenji (is that correct?). The board will look over the survey before it gets distributed but we have to do this ASAP.
•        Transparency, open board meetings, accountability
 Lots of discussion and ideas on how to make things more transparent to the membership:
1.    Public board meetings (similar to a school board meeting where there is time for public comment at the end)
2.    Have Town Hall meetings in various parts of the state regularly with board members so we can hear what’s going on with the membership.
3.   Post agendas well ahead of time
4.    Post minutes afterwards
5.    Have a monthly dashboard for the board and OBRA employees
6.   Year end reviews
7.    Up our visibility-introduce ourselves to people at races
•        Discussion whether to have OBRA website to be professionally done –link up the Industry and Try OBRA website.
         Action item: Talk to Scott Willson about the code on the OBRA website. Michelle posted several good idea and Kenji will talk to Scott.
•        Line up admin rules with practice-how do we require teams to send people to officials training? Add requirement of teams to help put on a race. Discussion of what teams “get” by joining OBRA and how they can help contribute to the OBRA community.
         Action item: Change the rules so everything lines up with the expectation that all teams with 5 or more members are required to send someone to officials training with the expectation that they will help officiate. Kenji will make sure the writing is in agreement. Suggestion that there’s a place on the website that points out how people can help.
•        Change of rules to allow all members to vote rather than team rep
         Action item: Bylaws would need to be changed. Kenji will look into this.
•Discussion item: Team dues/membership dues/limiting 1 day licenses/having a year to year membership (ie., if you join in Oct., your membership doesn’t expire until the following October)